Online Banking Specialist
Metro City Bank
Online Banking Specialist
Job Category: Branch Operations
Requisition Number: ONLIN001258
- Answer calls to support customers with online banking and cash management questions and or issues
- Utilize ticket portal system to resolve and track issues as created by system users
- Monitor and respond to customer questions/issues through our online banking (OLB & D1B) systems
- Create and maintain customer access and limits to various systems (OLB, D1B, Zelle, mobile banking, Remote Deposit, Cash Management – ACH, wire)
- Review assigned daily reports to track system changes conducted by various users
- Provide computer/network support relating to software & hardware problems reported by users
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system & application software used in order to provide a high level of support to users.
- Monitor & evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing items to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient
- Participate in team meetings and vendor user group meetings to learn of new products and services.
- Assist in training users on system applications, tokens and remote deposit machines.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work. Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Communicate with vendors (FIS) to support teams with system issues.
- Assist Sr. Operations Manager and Applications Support Manager with various projects
- Perform all duties in compliance with BSA/AML regulations and requirements
- Monitors and reports suspicious activity to the BSA Officer
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Education/Additional Training or Certifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- MUST be bilingual – Korean and English
- Minimum 2+ Years work experience in a banking environment
- 2 Years work experience with FIS applications or similar core system
- 2+ Years work experience with online banking/cash management
- Thorough understanding of ACH transactions and NACHA guidelines
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Metro City Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with regard to Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For more information please contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)